Sunday, July 5, 2015

OK - Kidnapped by DHS

The following was sent to us via the "Tell Us Your Story" form and posted with the users permission.

By Jeff Wendel:
The Oklahoma Department of Human Services has taken my 2 step-children from my wife and I because of a 1999 Conviction of a sex offense with a minor child. I believe this is a civil liberties issue. They are telling my wife that she is depriving the children of safety because of my past. They have removed them from the home and placed them into emergency custody. There are no charges against me nor allegations of abuse. They are filing for the two children to be placed in care of Child Protective Services and wanting my wife to either divorce me or be without her children.

The OKLAHOMA LAW STATES:
10. Effective November 1, 2012, it shall be unlawful for any person who is required to register pursuant to the Sex Offenders Registration Act for any offense in which a minor child was the victim to reside with a minor child or establish any other living accommodation where a minor child resides. Provided, however, the person may reside with a minor child if the person is the parent, stepparent or grandparent of the minor child and the minor child was not the victim of the offense for which the person is required to register.


No comments :