Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Lie Detector and the Sex Offender

The following was sent to us via the "Tell Us Your Story" form and posted with the users permission.

By James:
I just received a letter in the mail from my Probation Officer that he has scheduled me for a Lie Detector test/polygraph test in a few weeks. He had brought it up and ask me if I had taken one and I told him no during my last visit to him. I didn't think much of it but I was so shocked when that letter arrived I didn't know what to do. I called him up and said I was a conscience objector and on that note he said you don't want us to have to take you in front of the judge.

Sure anyone would be upset that one has to go thru this. I have been on probation for about 2 years and they gave me sex offender classes for six weeks before they gave me a medical discharge. While I never had any victim from this internet sex sting operation I don't know what they are looking for.

Sure I have a blemish on my probation from Halloween by being late getting in that night but I spent 7 days in jail for that one other than that I have not violated even thou I'm still looking for work. I'm sure others are going thru this same situation and it is nerve wracking to say the least.

I have a nervous conduction and since my offense was more of a deception I would think that might be grounds in getting out of all this crap. I don't even know what question's they ask or anything really about all this. Maybe I can get some advice from you all. That would really because I feel intimidated at all this.


No comments :