Saturday, March 21, 2015

Because of one womans jealously over another

The following was sent to us via the "Tell Us Your Story" form and posted with the users permission.

By Not Guilty:
My voice shakes after 8.5 years of incarceration. I have been humbled through and through; and yet, nothing will stop me from trying to pronounce the truth of my situation.

My story starts as a young boy of 17 determined to provide for the live my soon to be daughter deserved. I chose to join the U.S.A.F. and decided it was time to be the man she deserved.

While in the service, I found out my "ex" was rather promiscuous while I was away. I decided to move back and try at the very lease to be there for my daughter. Regretfully, at that age, the folly that was to become known to me by staying with one woman for the sake of a child was unknown to me.

I soon became disenchanted with the situation and decided to move on with my live. I wound up falling in love with another woman whom blessed me with another beautiful daughter we moved in together. Perfect life at 23, 35k a year, new home, new wife, new baby... Until.

Everything was well until my "ex" found out that my youngest daughter was destined to join us in this world. She became jealous that I wouldn't cheat on the woman I now loved and refused me visitation of my oldest daughter. So, I refused to pay my child support. This led to me filing paperwork at a county court asking for supervised visitation, which, after a court hearing and many questions later was granted.

My "ex" refused to bring our daughter to these visitations 14 of 16 times. So like any concerned father would do, I filed more paper work to prove her willful misconduct.

Funny enough, the day my "ex" was to receive her bench warrant for failure to follow a court order, she accused me of molesting my own baby girl.

After a 4.5 hour interview with the police desperately trying to explain my innocence, I was released. Three months later, I was charged and arrested with the rape (two finger penetration) of my own daughter. I was arrested at work and committed in the county jail.

I was threatened with 20-40 years and offered a 2.5-5 year sentence if I would just admit to something I DID NOT DO. I was kick around by staff and inmates alike and placed in solitary confinement "for my own safety," according to prison officials.

After three months, I was given a trial where they withdrew "rape" charges which were changed to Agg. Ind. Ass. of a minor. At trial, there was no medical documentation, no witnesses, no proof presented by a PA District Attorney. Just the word of two detective that stated on court transcript that they destroyed there original handwritten records after they took 5 hours to compile there notes. (I hope you caught that, 4 hour interview takes 5 hours to compile notes?) There was no video or audio recording of what those detectives allege was a complete and utter confession.

I pled not guilty. I was subsequently convicted and sentenced to 3.5 - 10 years.

Someone how, I though racism was dead. I being a child on the 90's as a white man, took a black lawyer to a white affluent county and wholeheartedly believed the truth would set me free. I WAS WRONG! All he could see was easy money. $30K later, he stipulated to the testimony of every witness I had. The end, guilty.. Over..

8.5 years later, I am still fighting my case and I will do so for the rest of my natural life. The ONLY thing I wanted was for my daughter to know that I would not stop fighting for her. But as they say, no good deed goes unpunished. Thank you for such a website. To those in a similar situation, your not alone. Admitedlyl, after having been in prison, there are some really bad people out there. But I learned my lesson in judging someone by everyone else says...

P.S. - I now go to college for an Assoc. in Paralegal. From prison, I was able to help many others under Alleyne v. US, (U.S. 2013). Any help or suggestions to help others would be appreciated. I am 4 months out of prison after 8.5 years and am determined to help those in a similar situation. Keep hope and faith alive... God bless.


sloan44 said...

So sorry to hear this. It is a shame and ,yes, many are in the same situation and thrown together with others that wear the SO label and all painted with a broad brush.

Glad to hear your determined to help others since we all must work together to restore life and freedom to those destroyed by public registration. Sex Offender issues is a great site. Another site that may be helpful to you, as you may be to them, is W.A.R They have a support hot line and a connect site to write whats on your mind.

Another site is and affiliates of I hope these will be of assistance to you as you may be to them. Take care.

sloan44 said...

Been there.done that. First off the polygraph is nothing but a crystal ball, a gypsy fortune teller. Stay alert, remember the polygraph is a joke, and the polygrapher is playing a con game. What I did was relax, showed up for the test, and passed. What you may want to do first is get a notice from your medical doctor on your nervous conduction and that you are being treated for it. Stay strong.

Sex Offender Issues said...

Echo Moon said...

while you may have learned your lesson and have been punished? but is no need to persecute yourself for the rest of your life.
just as there is no right conveyed to anyone to persecute you or others for the rest of their lives.

sloan44 said...

Thank you! It was a site like this I was looking for to post. Will save it.

Michael said...

Dear Hard Life, You are badly misinformed. There is no International Megan's Law yet. I was a sex offense registrant in California since 1991, and yet I have traveled back and forth between the US and other countries for years. Now I live and work in Europe, where there are no such registration laws, and have no plans to ever return to the US. From Europe I travel to many countries around the world. Of course, I have an advantage in that I have dual citizenship. But one of my good friends is also a registrant still living in California, and has only US citizenship, and yet he also travels extensively throughout the world. Other than having to have our luggage searched at US airports when returning from abroad, there are no problems with leaving the US. Canada won't let your husband in, but every other country will, for at least a temporary tourist visa. So stop being hysterical and go visit your relatives with your husband.

Michael said...

The polygraph is a psychological tool to get you to admit to things you may have been hiding from your probation officer. If you haven't been hiding anything then there is nothing to worry about. If you have been hiding anything and don't want to admit it, you can lie on the polygraph and it might detect that you are lying, but you can still deny the thing you are hiding. The P.O. will become suspicious of you, but he can't violate you for that. You can also fool the polygraph if you know that you are going to lie to one of the questions; just mentally switch to a different question that you can answer truthfully. For example, suppose the truthful answer to "Have you had any contact with children in the past month?" is "Yes," but you don't want to admit it. In your mind, change it to, "Are you a pink elephant?" Then answer, truthfully, "No."

GregPo said...

On 5 June 2014, the Philippines recently passed a law that prevents registrants from entering. The details can be found here:
So Mr. Michael; you may be safe in your situation. However, those on going or living in the Philippines are not.

GregPo said...

I am going to the Philippines in a few weeks and when I return I will post my experience.

GregPo said...

Here is an article that may prove this registry is in-human - lets hope this study will give some relief to those on the registry -

Why Loneliness May Be the Next Big Public-Health Issue

Time – Justin Worland 3/19/2015 © Provided by Time
Article Loneliness solitude
Loneliness kills. That's the conclusion of a new study by Brigham Young
University researchers who say they are sounding the alarm on what could be the
next big public-health issue, on par with obesity and substance abuse.

The subjective feeling of loneliness increases risk of death by 26%,
according to the new study in the journal Perspectives on Psychological
Science. Social isolation — or lacking social connection — and living
alone were found to be even more devastating to a person's health than feeling
lonely, respectively increasing mortality risk by 29% and 32%.

"This is something that we need to take seriously for our health,"
says Brigham Young University researcher Julianne Holt-Lunstad, an author of
the study. "This should become a public-health issue."

The researchers emphasized the difference between the subjective,
self-reported feeling of loneliness and the objective state of being socially
isolated. Both are potentially damaging, the study found. People who say they
are alone but feel happy are at increased risk of death, as are those who have
many social connections but say they are lonely. People who are both
objectively isolated and subjectively lonely may be at the greatest risk of
death, says Holt-Lunstad, though she notes that more data would be needed to
know with certainty.

"If we just tell people to interact with more people, that might solve
the social-isolation issue, but it might not solve the loneliness issue,"
she said. "I think we need to acknowledge that both of these components
are important."

Many social scientists say technology and housing trends are increasing the
risk of loneliness. More Americans are living alone than ever before, and
technology like texting and social media has made it easier to avoid forming
substantive relationships in the flesh and blood. Yet research shows that
relationships can improve health in a variety of ways, by helping us manage
stress, improving the functioning of the immune system and giving meaning to
people's lives.

Holt-Lunstad says that maintaining meaningful and close relationships, as
well as a "diverse set of social connections" is key. Policy
interventions for loneliness may be more difficult to imagine but could range
from encouraging doctors to identify at-risk patients to rethinking the way
neighborhoods are designed, Holt-Lunstad says.

"People’s response is oftentimes to say, ‘What are you going to do,
tell everybody to give someone a hug?'" she says. "But there are many
potential ways in which this could be implemented."

david said...

How do you fight when you go through the same thing but take a plea ? My lawyer told me he wouldn't do such a good job because I didn't have any money and if I didn't come up with the rest I had better tke a plea. Now that I have been out for several years getting a job in my field of driving tucks is impossible, they have made the laws to difficult to successfully navigate to stay out of prison for working across a state line without calling the state police in that state or the local police wherever i deliver. The Insurance companies are using their power to violate my rights by raising the insurance on sex offenders so companies will not hire them, is that not discrimination ? Still trying to get that job though. I have finally gotten my twic card and my hazardous material and i am trying to figure out who to talk too about protecting me from jackboots is the best i can put it into words (Jack Boot) Nazi's. They will send me to prison without a victim and without criminal intent, Just a fake law that sends people to prison like the registry. Very depressing situation that never goes away for people like me in this situation that want one thing their freedom for the pursuit of happiness,life,liberty and posterity.

david said...

Yes it is a very Machiavellian way to kill people with oppression,depression and loneliness. Science has proven that these symptoms cause heart disease,stress and ultimately death. It is a covert way of killing people behind the guise of law. I believe many who are considered Christians will burn in hell for knowing this and doing this. that is if you call yourself that, the others with suffer Karma. I wish them all the very worst so maybe they might comeback someday at their very best.

G said...

I would just like to tell you. I was an RSO for 14 years. I was incriminated with the child molesters. There are many injustices in this country. I was so fortunate that I overcame my situation through five years of diligent legal research. Nothing came about. No I don't know if this is what you want to hear it all. But I turn my life over to God. Within two months... 14 years of hardship went away. The judge reversed my convictions.this almost never happens. I would tell you to pray. You failed to mention exactly what the charges were or what the crime was. So I can't really give you a lot of advice. If it was any kind of rape or child molest situation. This society does not tolerate that.and I will tell you that you are in for the long-haul. Solutions are going to be limited. Survival is going to be the key. If it's molestation of a child or violent rape. Then I would suggest that first you turn to God. And second that you try to leave the country. I told my father I was going to become a drug dealer or a hitman. Because I could not get a job. And because everywhere I went everybody knew that I was on the list. And they all thought I was a child molester. fortunately by the grace of God I was relieved of this burden. The state admitted wrong. As I told you this is not happen frequently. I studied the law for several years on my own.
Things will not get better. If he was a child molester. Then you need to leave the country. No matter what it takes. He can cut lawns and pick fruit. Get enough money to leave this country. If he was not a child molester and legal circumstances or not in his favor. Then I would tell you that you have a battle in front of you. So that Battle can be one but is not easy and I can take many years. And you need to become humble he needs to be on Gods side.
If The person you're talking about was convicted of a sex offense and it involved a child. And he does not deny that he was guilty. If he made a mistake and he paid his price to the legal system in jail and he is now reformed. You have a serious problem on your hands. You will not be successful in this country. You must leave this country. I promise you it will all end in disaster if you do not leave this country. And I tell you this hoping he is reformed. Because I would not want him to go to Mexico and become a child molester.
But I will tell you if he was wrongfully charged. Which happens all the time. In fact, every day in the United States of America. Yes judges make mistakes. If that is his case. If you got a public defender attorneyand did not represent himself properly then he could have got railroaded into some charges. If that is the case, then you have a battle against the legal system and I may be able to assist you. But do not contact me and lie to me because I will know. I am a force to be reckoned with that has overcome the judicial system of the United States of America do not tempt me with anything less than the truth.

G said...

Yes that is deep and philosophical David. And I know you are well read. But if child more station is involved. You need to leave the country if you want to have a satisfying life. If you don't. Then just become a drug dealer. Because I know you have a problem getting jobs.

Michael said...

Based on what I read at the link you provided, one could enter the Philiippines for a short time before their immigration authorities find out that he is on the sex offense registry in the US, and maybe they would not find out. In the worst case scenario, they give him 15 days to leave. Just about every country will require anyone planning to stay long-term to complete paperwork in which he will be asked to tell on himself, but if he doesn't tell on himself they won't find out. But for short-term visits no questions are asked in most countries. In my case I am no longer on any registry and I travel on my European passport, which allows me to live and work anywhere in Europe I please and travel to most non-European countries. I haven't visited the Philippines yet but I'm sure I would have no trouble. But going directly from the US on a US passport while on a US registry might be a different story.

david said...

I wish many people would seriously consider this debate before calling someone a child molester without even knowing the situation. These Statistics are factual but are not taken into real life situations, Sure there are some seriously bad offenders out their,they seem to be the only ones that come up when their is a plea for a new or continued law. They will pull the worst cases which are at .003 percent of all sexual crime and display and overgeneralize with blanket statement's. Anyone ever heard of these type of thinking errors ? Used by Congress and politicians then ignorant state officials down to Families that have lost touch with reality or completely disregard there own past actions and throw them into a closet and make it a fantasy land where that was only a dream ? Put this into perspective when you judge people on sexual crimes, yeah the most basic and natural instinct of all creation that is painted in red and sold as a horror show when in all actuality most of the events where not even considered remotely violent except in the .003 % that are not actually offenders but psychopaths,serial killers,murderer's and politicians..ok I had to throw that one in there. But Consider this-----Adolescents are responsible for a significant number
of rape and child molestation cases each year.

Sexual assaults committed by youth are a growing concern
in this country. Currently, it is estimated that adolescents (ages 13 to
17) account for up to one-fifth of all rapes and one-half of all cases
of child molestation committed each year (Barbaree, Hudson, and Seto, 1993).
In 1995, youth were involved in 15% of all forcible rapes cleared by arrest—approximately
18 adolescents per 100,000 were arrested for forcible rape. In the same
year, approximately 16,100 adolescents were arrested for sexual offenses,
excluding rape and prostitution (Sickmund, Snyder, Poe-Yamagata, 1997).
The majority of these incidents of sexual abuse involve
adolescent male perpetrators. However, prepubescent youths also engage
in sexually abusive behaviors. That's right one half of all crime but this stat is not considered in any sexual case at all. We our told this incredible lie by agendist that sexual offenders are incurable. The mother of all lies, they twist the idea that because it is the basic function of all life it cannot be cured (the desire to procreate). There are many more scientific truths that have been brought before congress by many people with PHD's of a in debt study on human behavior and sexuality and was found that the so called damage by these offense's (not considering the catastrophic one's with triple homicides if you please) where to be found completely UNTRUE<<<<. This type of information goes on forever and needs to be dealt with by actual mature adults over insecure uneducated citizens that politics runs rampant and ruff shod over. So Please learn your facts before commenting some weak diatribe blanket statement over the human condition.

Mike said...

I understand where you are at. There are some wounds that can't be healed. I know because I too have a victim and families. I don't look for forgiveness. As long as you (and me) have vowed to no longer hurt anyone, then that is the best you can do. There is no solace or second changes, just continued punishment for our natural life. I just try to move on and put the past behind me, I can't change it and can't forget it, but it is difficult to see a future, the restrictions, the registry, the loneliness, and the depression makes it hard. This is a daily struggle. As for the our victims, we can't alter what we did, only promise never to let it happen again. Just as you received treatment, hopefully so did the victims. Were guilty, yes, but we still need to move on, even our victims do.

david said...

Maybe you should devote the rest of your life to being a slave to your victim,all your work and monies go to the victim and you spend the rest of your life living in a tent if you think that will make you feel happy. It sounds like your therapy has not worked at all or your lying about have committed a crime. You see the Worst thing for an offender to do is live under stressor's,depression,anxiety and low self esteem. These are all the carrying factors of someone that would re offend, I would suggest that you might consider your present mental state as dangerous and or a red flag situation. This is one of the main reasons why offenders are fighting the registry because is is completely anti productive in the lives of offenders and counter productive in every form that retards the ability for an ex offender to become pro social in society and move beyond the crucial mistake that created life destroying behavior for their victim,the victims family,his or her family and society.along with their own children that have to live with a parent caught in the sex offender registry or the teenager that has to live out his whole life under this atrocity, Can you even imagine a whole life of shaming,controlled by police threats and SOSRA with full rights to imprison at any whim. They have free range to say whatever they wish to destroy peoples lives, they have been given absolute power and we all know what happens then. I am angry about my situation but I do not feel sorry for myself as I know that these laws are unjust and implemented by uneducated people as in the truth they are counter productive and unconstitutional but I do know i will never put myself in a situation where I can become a scape goat for someone else or support low self esteem, We all need to be strong and secure in our demeanor,behavior and character. i would suggest you pick yourself up and act like a responsible adult . If you still need help go get it !

SEX WORKER said...

Ok. I want to point something out. I've been looking through report after report about this trooper Warren Tanner looking for a photo, yet nowhere is his photo yet to be found. Why not?! News outlets are often quick to post the mugshots of 'johns' (even though the mugshots get posted BEFORE the person has actually been found guilty of anything) but when it comes to members of law enforcement who have been charged with very serous crimes even found guilty of these crimes- don't get their photos plastered everywhere. I have found this to be the case a LOT. tanner is one of many cases involving police and sex crimes where I am seeking a photo and can't find one. Why are these criminals getting special treatment? It's wrong to post the mugshots of sex worker's clients. But here is a predator who abused his authority as a police officer and was found guilty of sexually abusing a child. Why protect such a person?

david said...

No- one should have to leave their country unless they betray it. Understanding the puzzle to someone who has been convicted of such is as much controversial as your statement. knowing the facts about how circumstances contribute and sometimes the adolesant themself is a physological equasion not factored by society. It truly is not always the adults fault, you are truly responsable for your own behavior but when your life is in a downward spiral you are vunerable and can sometimes be subject to over affection gone wrong. Remember this one fact while you may pause... over 50% of registered sex offenders our below the age of 17 and even pre pubesent registered offenders are registered. Think about your own behavior growing up before placing the blame on one person, i know that not all situations are the same but remember that most offenses are non violent except in teen offenders the adult percentage is less than .003 %.

Tom said...

I've used the countermeasures on that site for 10 years, they work and have had no issues. Just remember that the guy giving the polygraph is going to try to trick u every step if the way and probation is going to do the same. Stay steadfast with your position and NEVER cave!

Joe said...

It HAS begun and now the registry MUST GO!
Here is you official chance to take your stand and take it down! 

The WAR Admin Team AND our Class Action Core Team are proud to announce that we will begin work this week on two law suits to be filed at the federal level this fall. That’s right – two of them!

The first is on behalf of registered sex offenders and the second on behalf of families and friends of registered sex offenders.

The challenges will be against SORNA and the impact to the registrant families, which has been verified and documented by researchers. Also, the public impact will be defined in an upcoming survey being developed with the assistance of Professor Crysanthi Leon of the University of Delaware.

Even though these laws were mandated at the Congressional level then enacted to varying degrees by the state legislatures, we will be asking the court to rule on “the law” thus removing the manner in which legislators have purported to keep children safe – punitive punishment for registrants and families. It is time to take the issue out of the state legislators hands and campaigns and place it firmly in front of the supreme courts.

The concept of filing based on the collateral damage experienced by those who seek to provide positive support at re-entry and thereafter will gather steam and provide a more assertive approach than is being used today.

Please consider this your invitation to visit our website where you will instantly see the announcement as well as the opportunity for participation. We have also listed some Frequently Asked Questions to help answer as many immediate questions as possible.

Join the ‘Movers and Shakers’ in these law suits.

Matt said...

I too understand how you feel. Even though I had no true victim (I was caught in a police craigslist ad) I still beat my self up for the h urt I caused my family, friends, and of course what I could have done had it been a real teen vs a group of cops. I am much better about self pitty, now the exeption to the rule. But I still face the restiction imposed by the registry. I was found to be a sex addict (played out in online fanticy), I want to do all I can to help others be for there addiction becomes illegal or have victims. However because of my own labal I find many doors shut. I can not even volenture to lead a sex addict group and the local jail.

Lucien Alacard said...

The only way you or I or anyone else can pay our debt to society is to not be a burden on that society. The more successful we become, The more value society will place on us. There is only one way we can honor our victims.
To live our lives as God intended us to live from this day forward.