Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nates Fight

Website

About Nates Fight
Nate was convicted of unlawful voluntary sexual relations with a minor which is Kansas' Romeo and Juliet statute in 2010 for engaging in sex with a 15 year old when he was 18 in 2009. He spent 10 months in prison for it plus 26 months for failure to register for a crime that occurred while he was 13 and the other party was only 6 months younger than him. Now Nate is married and has a family that he is not able to live with because the Kansas Department of Corrections has refused to let him do so because there are minor children in the home. The State of Kansas' mental health professionals evaluated Nate and concluded that he does not meet the criteria for pedophilia, also there is no existing court order barring him from contact with minor children. Nate is fighting to move back home with his family where he belongs and to improve the situation of others in the same type of situation that he is in and to bring awareness of the hardships that are faced by guys like him on a daily basis.

Our Mission
To educate the people of Kansas on sex crime laws and how they can affect our children and families in a negative way and what we can do to prevent another child from ending up in Nate's situation.


NH - Keene man shot and killed in his Pearl Street home

Bloody murder
Original Article

When is the states going to take the online hit-list offline to be used by police only? They may say this is an isolated case, but we beg to differ.

This is why all registrants should purchase a home security system!


12/23/2013

By Alyssa Dandrea

A Keene man was found dead inside his home at 170 Pearl St. in Keene Saturday night, according to the N.H. Attorney General’s Office.

_____, 48, was the victim of an apparent homicide, N.H. Assistant Attorney General Benjamin J. Agati wrote in a news release issued Sunday.

Agati said in an interview with The Sentinel that _____ was shot and killed at his home just after 9 p.m. It is unclear how many shots may have been fired.

At approximately 9:28 p.m., Keene police responded to the Pearl Street residence for a medical call. That’s when they found _____ dead at an undisclosed location inside the home.

Lawrence Root, _____’s friend and former roommate, told WMUR that an upstairs neighbor told him that he heard a knock on the door just before 9:30 p.m. Within seconds, he said, someone had fired a gun and quickly escaped the home. _____ was found dead in the kitchen, Root told the news outlet.

The office of the Chief Medical Examiner is expected to conduct an autopsy today to determine the cause and manner of death. Agati said he is not sure whether the results of the autopsy will be available for release to the public this afternoon or Tuesday.

As of this morning, police had not arrested anyone in connection with the shooting, Agati said.

Because the homicide investigation is in its preliminary stages, Agati could not provide any information on the type of gun used in the incident, he said.

_____ was convicted of 28 counts of child pornography on Oct. 28, 2005, according to the N.H. Department of Safety’s sex offender registry.

When asked about _____’s criminal record, Agati said he could not comment on specifics, but investigators look into the background of every victim, including “who they are, what they do for work (and) where they live.”

At this point in time, we don’t have any indication that some specific part of his background played a role in this incident. We just aren’t there yet (in the investigation),” Agati said.

Sunday afternoon, yellow police tape had been strung across a wooden fence at the front of the two-story red house where _____ lived.

Keene police cruisers blocked Pearl Street in two directions to prevent vehicles from passing the home. N.H. State Police vehicles and the agency’s Major Crime Unit truck were parked in front of the house.

Investigators could be seen entering and exiting the home on a wheelchair ramp attached to the structure’s left side. They wore white masks and light blue plastic booties to cover their shoes.

Arlene E. Guyette, who lives just a couple of houses away at 133 Pearl St., said she had been watching investigators at work throughout the day. She said she thought she had seen emergency personnel take _____’s body out of his home at about 1 p.m.

Guyette recalled that _____ was in a wheelchair and took his dogs for a walk every day down Pearl Street and by her house.

It’s all quite a shock. It’s scary when something like this happens,” she said.

Guyette and a handful of Pearl Street residents interviewed Sunday said they didn’t hear any shots fired Saturday evening, but saw blue flashing lights from police cruisers in the area and wondered what was happening.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Keene Police Department at 357-9820. And police are asking those on Pearl Street between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Saturday to contact police with any observations they made near 170 Pearl St.

See Also:




Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all!


VA - Getting Results: Montgomery’s name taken off Florida sex offender registry

Johnathan Montgomery
Johnathan Montgomery
Original Article

12/23/2013

By Todd Corillo

Norfolk (WTKR) - Just days after receiving his Writ of Actual Innocence (PDF) from the Court of Appeals of Virginia, Johnathan Montgomery is still fighting to fully clear his name.

On Friday, the court issued the writ, vacating the false sex crimes charges against him (Elizabeth Coast).

However, Montgomery remained listed as a registered sex offender online in the states of Florida and North Carolina.

In an e-mail to NewsChannel 3, his father David Montgomery wrote “My fear is that the non-state registries may not be as easy for John’s registration to be wiped out.”
- What about all the mugshot (extortion) websites?

Monday morning, NewsChannel 3′s Todd Corillo contacted the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and within hours the listing had been taken down.

A spokesman told NewsChannel 3 that once they received the Writ of Actual Innocence, Montgomery was removed from the Florida Registry website.

In North Carolina, a Public Information Officer from the Attorney General’s office provided NewsChannel 3 a copy of the “North Carolina Sex Offender & Public Protection Registration Programs” document.

In it, the document outlines that “the period of registration required by any provision of Article 27A shall be discontinued if, and only if, (1) the conviction requiring registration is reversed,vacated, or set aside.”

NewsChannel 3 is still awaiting a response on what more must be done in order to remove Montgomery’s name from the registry in North Carolina.

In an interview Friday, he expressed excitement to be able to move on with his life without the restrictions placed on him.

To be able to ask my dad to borrow his vehicle and not have to worry about asking 3 or 4 other people and getting papers signed and registering in a state I’ve never been to,” Montgomery said “It’s just a long process to go somewhere where I could say ‘Hey Dad can I borrow the truck’ and I’m gone.”

See Also:




NJ - Bill to shield texting teens stalls due to registration fees

Sexting
Original Article

12/21/2013

By Melanie Burney

TRENTON - A bill that would exempt New Jersey teenagers caught sexting with their peers from registering as sex offenders stalled in the Assembly on Thursday.

The measure was scheduled for a vote by the full Assembly but hit a last-minute snag, said Wayne P. D'Angelo (D., Mercer), one of its sponsors.

"It was a done deal," D'Angelo said, adding that he was "highly disappointed" by the setback, which stemmed from a provision that would impose a $30 monthly fee on sex offenders to pay for increased oversight by parole officers.

A similar version cleared the full Senate by a 35-0 vote this year.

The bill would make changes to Megan's Law that lawmakers say are needed to address a growing problem with minors who "sext" explicit photos, videos, or texts from one cellphone to another.

Under the current law, teens caught "sexting" must receive the same treatment as sex offenders convicted under the law, first adopted in 1994. They must register, and the community must be notified.

"Essentially, they're branded for life as sex offenders," said Sen. Linda R. Greenstein (D., Middlesex), one of the bill's Senate sponsors.

"We're not justifying sexting. We're only saying that it should not be a Megan's Law offense," she said.

Maureen Kanka, whose daughter, Megan, 7, was raped and killed by a neighbor who was a convicted sex offender in Hamilton Township, told lawmakers at a committee hearing last month that she wanted to keep teens who were not serious predators off the registry.

New Jersey became the first state in the country to adopt Megan's Law, and many states and the federal government followed suit.

Under the proposed changes, minors who share nude photos of themselves with other minors could be adjudicated as delinquent in Family Court, but would no longer be subject to the offender registry.

Other provisions would toughen penalties for adult offenders and for those who fail to notify authorities when they move.

In a compromise to avoid a possible conditional veto by Gov. Christie, a provision that would have set a 40-caseload maximum for parole officers who supervise offenders was struck from the bill, D'Angelo said.

But the bill ran into trouble when Democrats balked at the $30 fee, he said.
- Charging someone a fee like that is pretty much extortion in our opinion.

D'Angelo said the bill may come up again Jan. 6.