Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Extortion Sites: Questions / Comments

User submitted story
The following was sent to us via the contact form and posted with the users permission.

NOTE: Don't forget, if you know of other extortion websites like mentioned below, visit this form and fill it out, but first make sure the site is not already listed here.


By Scott:
Just wanted to know if anyone has had their information removed from poedit.org or offenderegistry.com?

I recently had my name removed from the list and started cleaning up the sites that had my picture posted. Homefacts and bustedoffenders removed for free just by asking.

The others charged a fee but removed the info. A couple wanted more money to remove the links on Google. $100 a link. That would of cost over $3000 easy. Instead I just used the same tool they would of used on Google for fee. Just Google "remove cached pages" and Google's removal tool is pretty easy to use. You need a Google account but that's free.

Anyway I just wanted to share that info. Homefacts and bustedoffenders are free and both post pictures to Google images so its probably worth the 5 minutes of your time but you have to be off the list first.

When I first started I did mughshots.com since they are the biggest and smaller start ups steal their pics. A month later I did some more and then this month I did the rest.

Attorney told me it would be cheaper to pay them all rather than him and then sue the ones I cant pay. So only two holdouts. I heard stories around the web of people paying one site and then it appearing on another, hasn't happened to me (yet) but will post a follow up if that happens, then sue them.

If anyone has had any success with either of the first 2 sites I mentioned please let me know in the comments below. I think the offeregistry is part of sexoffenderin (No longer online) which was shutdown..


4 comments :

CharlesHiggins said...

I don't care if people want to put me on their sites. As long as they tell the truth. I was examined by psychologists in prison and they said I was not a pedophile. My actions and reactions were not to child images but to adult images. So I am not sexually reactive to children.

anonymous said...

I've had no luck with the removal request for poedit or sorarchives. Everyone else was very accomodating and happy to make sure that their records were up to date. My guess is very few people use either of those sites anyway so maybe they'll just eventually go away...

dlc said...

But we can't let these people get away with this. Its ok for law enforcement but not those sites. They are illegally using that registry information to stir up the vigilantes.

Sex Offender Issues said...

Well we do, and besides, that is not the point. The point is they have been removed from the state registry legally, but other websites still have his info, and for most, it's almost impossible to get a job, housing, etc, with that online where someone can just Google your name and that is the first thing that pops up.


Once someone is removed from the registry, they should be removed from all other sites as well. Those sites should be illegal and shutdown.