It's good they have more people to fight child porn, but the propaganda, disinformation and fear mongering is not needed.
By Kids Live Safe
Idaho law enforcement has identified 5,000 computers trading in images of children being raped and exploited. We know that one in every three arrests in cases like these leads directly to a child waiting to be rescued.
Until yesterday, a small, dedicated cohort of four investigators had to deal with those 5,000 leads. But now, with the passage of Alicia's Law, the Idaho Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force will receive an additional $2 million in the next financial year, and an additional $1.6 million every year thereafter.
That means the investigative staff will grow from four to 15. And they'll be able to add two forensic examiners, a prosecutor, and one administrative support person. Studies show us that this increase in staff— dedicated solely to the arrest of Idaho predators and the rescue of Idaho child-abuse victims—will translate to an additional 385 child rapists captured each year. The average offender has 14 victims, so those additional captures amount to 5,390 innocent children being rescued *each year*.
- Just because people may be viewing / trading child porn doesn't mean they will rape some adult or child, that is just the usual disinformation by the government, media and other organizations who stand to make money from exploiting fear and children.
Thank you for participating in the passage of Alicia's Law in Idaho. Thank you for helping us rescue those thousands and thousands and thousands of children this year, and the next, and the next. Thank you for being a Protector.
And thanks to the hard work of the men and women in Idaho government and law enforcement for getting Alicia's Law passed, including:
- Attorney General Lawrence Wasden and his staff
- Idaho Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, including James Kouril and Tim Brady
- Paul Jagosh and Joel Teuber at the Fraternal Order of Police
- Speaker of the House Scott Bedke
- Sen Chuck Winder
- Sen. Patti Anne Lodge
- Sen. Jim Rice
- Sen. Curt McKenzie
- Sen. Dean Mortimer
- Rep. Darrell Bolz
- Rep. Christy Perry
- Rep. Lynn Luker
And, of course, a big thanks to the Alicia Kozakiewicz.
And every one of our fellow Protectors.
We Can Save Them, But We Need Money (Of Course):