Friday, October 7, 2011

WARNING: Prepare yourselves, the sex offender zombies will be coming out of their graves and bushes soon, as they do every Halloween!!!

Zombie Sex Offender

Every year the news media comes out with a ton of videos about sex offenders and Halloween, I'm sure this year will be no different. So far I haven't seen any new videos, which is kind of amazing, but I'm sure we will see some in a week or two. Below is some of the videos we have made and saved from over the years where the media portrays ex-sex offenders coming out of the woodwork and bushes to rape and pillage on Halloween night.

Do they make sex offender zombie costumes? I'd like to pick me up one, so I can jump out behind some bushes and scare the little kiddies. Mew hah hah hah.....


CA - Judge reprimands Fullerton police Albert Rincon - Seven women claim he harassed and groped them during arrests

Original Article

10/03/2011

By Richard Winton

Seven women had accused Officer Albert Rincon of sexually harassing them or groping them during arrests. Two of them filed suit, and a judge has refused to throw out their case.

The Fullerton Police Department, already reeling from criminal charges filed against two officers in the death of a homeless man, has been reprimanded by a federal judge for allowing a police officer to return to patrol after he was accused of groping women.

Seven women have accused Officer Albert Rincon (PDF) of sexually harassing or groping them during arrests.

In a strongly worded opinion, U.S. District Judge Andrew Guilford refused last week to throw out a lawsuit by two of the women. After the ruling, the city of Fullerton tentatively agreed to settle the case, according to attorneys and court records.

Guilford questioned why the department gave the officer a "weak reprimand" despite accusations from multiple victims that raise "disturbing allegations of police misconduct."

"At the end of the day, the city put Rincon back onto the streets to continue arresting women despite a pattern of sexual harassment allegations. A reasonable juror could conclude based on these facts, that the city simply did not care what officers did to women during arrest," Guilford wrote.

The judge said the city's action "suggests a tacit authorization."

Rincon is now on administrative leave, said Sgt. Andrew Goodrich, the department spokesman. Sources familiar with the settlement, but not authorized to discuss it, said the settlement totals about $500,000. Neither Rincon nor his attorney could be reached for comment.

The judge's opinion was issued two weeks after Orange County prosecutors filed second-degree murder charges against one officer and lesser charges against a second in the July death of Kelly Thomas.

The Thomas case has sparked outrage in the city, with activists and some city officials questioning the actions of officers and department brass.

The Rincon case began in 2008, when Kari Bode and Gina Nastasi accused Rincon of groping them and exposing their breasts. They sued the department in 2009.

Investigations by the city and district attorney's office revealed similar accusations from a total of seven women.

Although the Orange County district attorney chose not to file criminal charges against Rincon, Guilford said the evidence was overwhelming.
- If you view the other California articles on this blog, you will see, this is the same DA who has been pushing hard to further punish ex-sex offenders, yet here, he refuses to file criminal charges against a cop who has been accused of sex crimes.  Hypocrisy?  Yep, indeed!

"Taken together, the accounts of the seven women reveal a pattern of misconduct. Rincon would arrest or detain a woman. He would then either make sexual propositions to them, touch them inappropriately or both," Guilford wrote.

Department protocol requires that female officers pat down women who are detained and that all contacts between police and suspects be recorded on a department-issued recorder. The judge found that neither happened in the seven cases involving Rincon.

The judge also faulted the department for failing to adequately punish the officer.

"Most shocking is the city's weak 'reprimand' of Rincon," Guilford wrote. "Requiring Rincon to attend 'pat-down' training is weak sauce that does nothing to hide the unpleasant taste of complicity."

Fullerton City Councilman Bruce Whitaker said that based on the judge's opinion, he has asked for further examination into how the department conducted the investigation.

"When I read Judge Guilford's opinion, I was alarmed at the extent to which he believed the Police Department mishandled this issue."


CT - Montville finds small comfort in safeguards for sex offender facility

Original Article

10/07/2011

By GREG SMITH

Montville - The state finalized an agreement with the town of Montville this week, signing off on a host of security, monitoring and emergency planning measures for the soon-to-be-operational — and still controversial — sexual offender treatment facility.

The facility, under construction on the grounds of Corrigan-Radgowski Correctional Center off Route 32 in Montville, will treat 24 sex offenders in a pre-release transitional program.

The four-page document mandates that the Department of Correction, before admitting anyone into the residential facility, establish written emergency response and security protocols — including community notification for security breaches, alarms, video surveillance and possible on-site site electronic monitoring.

I never wanted it, but it’s a little comforting that we have a document they must abide by,” Mayor Joseph Jaskiewicz said. “It’s not a big comfort blanket, but it’s better than nothing. I trust the commissioner is going to live up to it. We really concentrated on security so people would feel comfortable with a facility nobody wants.”

The document was signed by Jaskiewicz, Department of Correction Commissioner Leo C. Arnone and state Judicial Branch Support Service Division Executive Director William H. Carbone.

We certainly respect the folks in town and the legitimate concerns they put forward,” Arnone said. “I think it was important to hammer out a set of protocols that gives them assurances that this facility will remain secure and staffed and supervised. This will be a secure facility, and people will not be able to simply walk out the door on to the streets of Montville.”

Jaskiewicz said the documents takes into account suggestions by the town, whose fight against the facility was fierce but short-lived, after a lawsuit was rebuffed by the state. An appeal was ended after consideration of what could have amounted to millions in legal costs, Jaskiewicz said.

The placement of the facility in Montville stems from a 2008 law for the DOC and judicial branch to establish such a facility. The law was an attempt to address the period after release from prison when offenders are more likely to re-offend. Often, sex offenders are left homeless because of scarcity of places that will take them.

DOC spokesman Brian Garnett said he anticipates the facility, to be run by The Connection Inc., will be in operation by the end of the year. The land is already cleared for the placement on a hill adjacent to the prison.

According to the agreement, the building will be fenced in, and residents will not be allowed outside a security perimeter without supervision. Upon release, service providers will be mandated to transport each resident to their home community. They will not be allowed to participate in work programs or to work for the town. The agreement also mandates a regular presence by the facility’s staff at Montville Prison Public Safety Committee meetings.

The Connecticut Department of Correction is committed to operating the sex offender treatment facility in a safe and secure manner, without impacting the town of Montville,” Garnett said.

For some, the placement in town is still a hard pill to swallow.

I still hate it,” resident Ed Ricupero said. “It’s disgusting and wrong. It was thrown at us, and there was nothing we can do. If Jodi Rell wanted a place, she should build in Brookfield, where she lives.”

Ricupero said he thought the town gave up the fight too early.

If we were Fairfield, it would have been different,” he said. “But it’s Montville. It’s still seven-tenths of a mile from my front door and probably lowering my property value.”


VA - Former Virginia police officer (William Hurlbut) sentenced to 20 years for child porn

Original Article

10/07/2011

By Mary Pat Flaherty

A former police officer was sentenced Friday in federal court to 20 years in prison for producing child pornography after he admitted using his iPhone to film sex acts with an 8-year-old boy when the child was sleeping or unconscious.

William Hurlbut, 29, of Fredericksburg, befriended the child’s family and has known the boy since infancy, said Neil H. MacBride, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia in Alexandria.

Hurlbut is a former police officer for Aquia Harbour and had used the department’s Internet connection to share child pornography, according to court records. The state-certified department serves a gated community in Stafford County.

The file sharing attracted the attention of investigators in June 2010, court documents show, and a later search of Hurlbut’s home uncovered more than 1,000 images and more than 1,000 videos of child pornography including those with the 8-year-old boy.

Hurlbut was later fired from the police department for an unrelated issue, court filings state.

Hurlbut pleaded guilty in June 2011 to producing child pornography.

In court records, prosecutors in the case described Hurlbut as a man who “appears to have been attracted to single mothers with boys who were about eight to ten years of age. Hurlbut does not appear to have had a romantic or sexual interest in the mothers but instead lavished his attention on the women’s sons.”

The case was investigated by a team from the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations, the Spotsylvania Sheriff’s Office, and the Northern Virginia/District of Columbia Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force.