Wednesday, June 9, 2010

UK - Chris Baig To catch a predator UK Perverted Justice


Really? And using the copyrighted PJ logo! Producing and distributing video without express permission.Wire tapping by recording telecommunications illegally? Clearly able to be sued up the wazoo for defamation and slander over the videos. Mapping to the persons house could cause harm to the person in the video and PJ would be responsible for making the address information public.

Video Link | YouTube Channel


We are UK PERVERTED JUSTICE. We are not the LAW. We are not above the LAW. We gather our information and produce films showing/naming grooming/groomers online. We leave it up to YOU the viewer to make up your own mind. We ask for no ransom. We clear the internet of dead wood, making it a safer place for our little brothers and sisters, our nephews and neices, our grandkids. We are UK PERVERTED JUSTICE. We are WATCHING!


TN - Cohen files bill that would allow records of non-violent offenders to be expunged

Original Article (Listen)

06/09/2010

By Bartholomew Sullivan

WASHINGTON – Seeking to undo the stigma of a federal criminal conviction, U.S. Rep. Steve Cohen (Contact), D-Tenn., introduced a bill this afternoon that would allow federal judges to expunge the federal criminal records of non-violent ex-convicts.

Cohen discussed the bill at a hearing this morning of the Judiciary subcommittee on crime hearing testimony on the “Collateral Consequences of Criminal Convictions: Barriers to Re-Entry for the Formerly Incarcerated.”

Hardly a day goes by that I don’t have somebody come up to me and say, ‘Congressman, I need a job, but because I’ve got a previous felony, I can’t get one,’’’ Cohen said at the hearing.

He said one result of passage of his bill would be “they (ex-convicts) could go back out and say, ‘I’ve never been convicted before. I have a clean slate.’’’

Witnesses at the hearing included Marc Mauer of The Sentencing Project and Maurice Emsellem, policy director of the National Employment Law Project in Oakland, Calif.

Cohen’s bill, the Fresh Start Act, would allow ex-convicts to apply to have their records expunged, or removed, by the court that convicted them, but permits local U.S. attorneys to make recommendations for or against the requests to the court. It exempts violent criminals and sex offenders as well as people who committed property or financial crimes of more than $10,000.

It also provides incentives for the states to implement similar legislation and penalties for those that don’t.

Similar legislation was introduced in 2007 and last year by U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel (Contact), D-N.Y. Rangel’s bill requires a year of community service before the expungement takes place.

Under Cohen’s bill, an ex-offender could reapply for expungement every two years. Seven years after offenders’ sentences are completed, assuming no state or federal crimes are committed, expungement would be automatic.

Nashville-based National Prison and Sentencing Consultants managing director John B. Webster applauded the legislation, all the while wondering if it’s constitutional.

It would be a terrific thing for a very large percentage of federal felons,” Webster said this afternoon. “The burdens that a felon faces when they leave prison – they’re monumental…People with relatively minor offenses should be given a second chance to rehabilitate themselves.”

Webster, a disbarred lawyer convicted for lying to the FBI, said it’s no surprise the U.S. has a high recidivism rate when getting a job, benefits or housing upon re-entry to society are “next to impossible” with a criminal record.

The Houston, Texas-based National Association of Former United States Attorneys’ executive director Ronald G. Woods said today that the association does not take positions on legislative proposals.

Video Link | YouTube Channel


MI - Parents Mad About Sex Offenders on School Parade Route

Original Article (Listen)

06/09/2010

A couple in Detroit says that their son's school, P.D. Graham Elementary, put the boy in danger when a school parade route led the kids through an area where sex offenders live, reports Click on Detroit.
- Every street has kids on it, and possibly a sex offender, so you need to get a life!

When mom Elizabeth Dunham found out that her son's school was going to host a parade Tuesday for students in its accelerated reader program, she cross-referenced the route with the state's sex offender registry -- and discovered that two registered sex offenders live on the parade route.
- Come on, it's a damn parade, which will have tons of parents and others out there, so this is nothing but overreacting by a paranoid mother.

She and her husband then sent the following e-mail to the school principal:

As the educators, it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of the children that attend your school. I fear this is not the case. I cross-checked the parade route with a listing of registered sex offenders in the area. Is it really your intention to parade the children in front of the homes of pedophiles? I, for one, will not stand for this. I refuse to let my child take part in such egregious activity. Nor do I plan to keep this information from the other parents. Please contact me with a solution for this dilemma.

When school officials saw that the Dunhams' son was present at school before the parade, they allowed him to participate in it -- and the Dunhams are FURIOUS. But school officials say it was simply a matter of miscommunication.

School administrators also insist that the parade was safe. "Local streets are shut down; a fire truck actually leads the parade, and a police officer in a patrol car ends the parade," Wayne-Westland Deputy Superintendent Charlotte Sherman told WDIV. "The teachers and the children all participate, and it's just a wonderful celebration of reading."

Do you think the parents are overreacting ... or do they have a right to be mad?
- They are overreacting!


CT - Former Norwalk police lieutenant (Thomas Cummings) pleads guilty in long-running sex case

Original Article (Listen)

06/09/2010

By John Nickerson

STAMFORD -- After two witnesses in the sex assault case against former Norwalk police Lt. Thomas Cummings decided they could not testify and the state's case fell apart, Cummings pleaded guilty Wednesday to three misdemeanor charges.

He pleaded guilty before Judge Gary White at state Superior Court in Stamford to first-degree reckless endangerment, interfering with an officer and coercion; he is to be sentenced to serve 30 days in jail when he returns to court Sept. 3.

Cummings, who had been facing 12 sexual assault and risk of injury charges that could have put him in jail for up to 165 years, made the pleas about a half-hour after nine jurors in the case were excused late Wednesday morning.

Cummings will receive a suspended three-year sentence and three years probation, White said. The pleas were made under the Alford Doctrine, meaning a defendant does not agree with the state's facts, but realizes there may be enough evidence for a guilty verdict.

A two-week trial was to begin Tuesday, but with the witnesses going "sideways," the trial was postponed for a day, the prosecutor, Senior Assistant State's Attorney Richard Colangelo said.

Cummings, who remained stoic through the court hearing, declined comment through his defense attorney, Robert Frost. Frost said Cummings will make a statement when he is sentenced. Carl Kleeberg, who has been married to Cummings since Connecticut civil unions became legal in October 2005, was in court to support his husband.

After being charged with the crimes in late January 2008, Cummings, who when the investigation against him began was commanding the detective bureau and had been considered for a deputy chiefs job resigned after 24 years in uniform.

Although he acknowledged the abrupt turnaround in the 32-month old case was "shocking," Colangelo said he was not disappointed with the plea agreement. "I think the disposition we arrived at is appropriate," he said. "Mr. Cummings' convictions cover his conduct during the time period."

In court Colangelo explained one witnesses set to take the stand against Cummings realized his recollection that he was 15 when the two allegedly had sex in early 2003 was a mistake. Colangelo said the youth, now 21, believes at this point that the incidents happened in 2004 when he was 16. Colangelo said that in 2004, despite his being 43 at the time, Cummings would not have been guilty of a crime for having consensual sex with a 16-year-old.

During an interview after the hearing, Colangelo and Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Bredefeld, who was assisting Colangelo with the case, said the witness said on Monday he was mistaken about his age.

For two years, the defense questioned whether the youth was 15 or 16 at the time.

In court motions, Frost and senior defense attorney Jacob Zeldes questioned why, in the youth's original statement to police detailing the allegations, the year the incidents occurred was changed from 2004 to 2003. Investigators explained at the time the youth made a mistake when he said the incidents happened in 2004 and, with his permission, they changed the date of the allegations to 2003 -- when the boy was 15.

Zeldes and Frost also charged the investigators in the case, former Norwalk police officers Gary Mecozzi and Phil O'Grady, had it in for Cummings and rushed to judgement by depriving him of a fair and impartial investigation.

In court, Colangelo also said a second witness who told investigators he had sex with Cummings at his Norwalk condominium when he was 15 was "psychologically unable to continue with prosecution."

Colangelo later explained the youth, now 21, was concerned about how the testimony would affect his family.

"Attorney Bredefeld and I spent hours with the victim and his family and his mental well-being is my number one concern," Colangelo said.

Norwalk Police Chief Harry Rilling said he expected Cummings would have received a larger punishment when he was arrested more than two years ago.

"I am extremely, extremely disappointed, because Cummings' actions were so embarrassing to our department," Rilling said. "After speaking with the prosecutor, I understand to a greater degree the reasons behind the plea deal, but I still cannot say that I am pleased."

"I just think that Cummings tarnished his badge so badly and people expected that he would be held to a higher degree of accountability and so I am just extremely disappointed. He is no longer a police officer and I am glad the whole thing is over. I wish it had a different outcome."

Former Norwalk Police Capt. John "Jack" Suchy, who calls Cummings his best friend, was also at Wednesday's court hearing.

"For those who know Tom Cummings, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't know Tom Cummings no explanation would suffice," Suchy said later that afternoon.

In court, Frost said Cummings suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and that he will continue to see a counselor weekly for substance and alcohol abuse, as well as a sex addiction.

State Department of Corrections spokesperson Brian Garnett said he cannot determine whether Cummings will spend the entire 30 days in jail.

Garnett also said he could not be sure if Cummings, because he is a former police officer, will be placed in protective custody at whatever jail he is going to.


OH - Estimated 40 sex offenders in the area will be reclassified

Original Article (Listen)

06/09/2010

By Brad Bauer

About a third of the 115 registered sex offenders in Washington County will soon be subject to less stringent registration and notification requirements after a recent Ohio Supreme Court ruling.

The high court on Thursday threw out sections of the state's sex-offender law, saying the legislature violated the constitution when it forced state officials to change convicts' classifications to comply with federal Adam Walsh Act provisions. It means that sex offenders who were convicted before the new law went into effect on Jan. 1, 2008, cannot be subject to the new reporting requirements.

The new law resulted in about 40 Washington County sex offenders being reclassified and coming under stricter reporting requirements.

"We had about three offenders who were just days from going off our books," said Washington County sheriff's Sgt. Patrice Tornes, who monitors local sex offenders' locations. "They had put in their time, but the new law went into effect, and some were bumped up to (a more serious offender category) and required to report for life."

The three offenders will no longer have any reporting requirements. Those requirements included verifying their address with the local sheriff's office once or twice a year. The sheriff's office may also have been required to notify by mail anyone living near the offender. Those three offenders were previously considered by a judge to be at low risk for recidivism, categorized under the previous standard, Megan's Law.

According to Tornes, the charges against the men who are now free from reporting requirements included: sexual assault, pandering obscenities and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

Reporting requirements have been ordered as 10-year, 25-year, or lifetime. Until now, no Washington County offender had ever completed their time and fallen off the local registry.

Tornes said her office has been flooded with calls about the change - all from people on the registry.

"I know a number of offenders are quite happy they are going back to their original classification," she said. "In one case, (a man) had completed seven years of a 10-year reporting requirement (with no problems) and he was bumped up to a lifetime reporting requirement."

The court ruling leaves in place the new, tougher reporting and monitoring requirements for those convicted after Jan. 1, 2008.

Marietta resident Kathy Jarvis, 49, said she is disappointed with the court's 5-1 decision in favor of the change.

"Any sex crime should carry serious consequences, and I have no problem with lifetime reporting requirements for that kind of behavior," she said. "(Sex crimes) are about the worst thing humanly possible."
- Sure, you have no problem with violating someone's constitutional rights, to make you feel better.  You cannot punish someone again, after they have been convicted and done their time, that is an ex post facto law, which is unconstitutional.  Maybe you should read the Constitution some time, or, maybe we should eradicate your rights as well?

Under Ohio's new Adam Walsh Law, old Megan's Law classifications such as "sexually-oriented offender" or "sexual predator" were replaced with a three-tiered classification system. Offenders were moved into the new tiers based solely on the offense they had committed, whereas Megan's Law required judges to hold a hearing and use some discretion in assigning offenders to a category.

Washington County Public Defender Ray Smith said he was "shocked" by the Supreme Court's ruling, but added that it was the right decision.

"If you want to call it the justice system, tell people what their sentence is and don't change it," he said. "You can't change the rules in the middle of the game; that's just crazy."

Smith said he has struggled to explain to clients why they became subject to new rules.

"I'm shocked, seriously, by this decision," he said. "There was never a good answer for my clients as to how or why this was the way it was."


FL - Zero Tolerance and Homeless Sex Offenders (Old Powerpoint Presentation from 12/11/2007)

Video Link


WY - Officer (Robert Joseph Semyon) pleads guilty to taking photos of unconscious woman

Original Article (Listen)

07/09/2010

By Michael R. Sisak

A Pittston City police officer accused of assaulting an unconscious woman and turning her into the unwitting star of his personal pornography collection faces 12 to 24 months in prison after pleading guilty Tuesday to aggravated indecent assault and invasion of privacy.

Robert Joseph Semyon, 46, of Wyoming, must register as a sex offender and undergo an assessment to determine if he meets legal criteria for classification as a sexually violent predator, Luzerne County Judge Hugh F. Mundy said.

If deemed a sexually violent predator, Semyon would be required to receive counseling and notify neighbors of his status as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

His career as a police officer is already over.

Semyon, suspended without pay after his arrest last December, submitted a letter of resignation last week. With a felony conviction he will be permanently barred from serving as an officer in the state, said Nils Frederiksen, a spokesman for the state Attorney General's office.

Semyon's attorney, Frank Nocito, did not return telephone and e-mail messages Tuesday.

Semyon's colleagues called in county and state investigators after they discovered nearly four dozen "very graphic" images of an unclothed and unconscious woman on a department laptop computer, prosecutors said.

Semyon acknowledged taking the photographs and claimed he mistakenly downloaded them onto the computer from a personal digital device, prosecutors said. He said he took the pictures with the woman's permission, but later acknowledged she was "passed out and unconscious" at the time. The woman told investigators she never consented to the photographs and had not been aware of their graphic content until investigators showed them to her, prosecutors said.

Mundy scheduled sentencing for Sept. 7.