Speakers include Dr. Jerome Miller and Dr. Fred Berlin.
As an added bonus, Dr. Jill Levenson will be in attendance to work with small group discussions.
Alex Marbury and Paul Shannon, along with state chapters put a lot of work into trying to change these laws and give our loved ones, as well as family members, their LIVES back. The least we can do is show them our appreciation and support by coming to this convention.
Only RSOL signatories, SOSEN members, CURE and other likeminded organizations have been invited and allowed in. They will ask for your real name and phone number when you register, but they are the only ones who will have it. You can put anything you want on your name tag and stay as anonymous as you would like.
I realize times are hard. Everyone is cutting expenditures until it hurts. But there are ways to get to Boston that won't break the bank. There is more than one SOSEN member in each state. If you don't know your fellow brothers and sisters, there is no better time than the present to introduce yourselves. You can do what a group of us in Ohio are doing which is renting a van and all going together.
Going to this conferece would facilitate many different things:
- It will give us an opportunity to speak and brainstorm the issues with experts in this field.
- It will give us a chance to work with Dr. Levenson on an up close and personal basis.
- As people who want to see things change, there will be group discussions on what we can all do and the best way to do it.
- It will give us the much needed and overdue opportunity to meet each other in person, to be able to hug one another without a parantheses.
- It will have more of a therapeutic affect on us all than we can even begin to imagine. Listening to one another, supporting another without a keyboard in between us. Looking into each others eyes instead of a computer monitor.
- It will give us an opportunity to network, and build an even stronger SOSEN.
This conference is a once in a life time opportunity that should take priority with each and everyone of you. Unless there's a legal reason you can't leave your area, you really should make every EVERY effort to be there.
If you run into problems, email myself or Jackie Sparling and we'll try to help troubleshoot and make it possible for you to get to Boston.
We NEED to support RSOL, we NEED to support one another, we NEED to make this a priority.