Sunday, March 17, 2013

Not sure where to start

The following was sent to us via the contact form and posted with the users permission. The name has been abbreviated for their own protection.

By L:
First, I want to say thank you for creating and maintaining this blog. I am glad to know I am not alone in the commitment I've recently embarked on to help sex offenders.

I am finding resources to create a program for sex offenders to find housing and employment, as well as to develop an understanding of how their actions affect society and other human beings, be accountable and people of integrity and then to help others who are struggling with the same feelings and desires.

Why is this my passion? I am a 31-year-old woman who realized 2 years ago I'd be molested by my grandfather during the majority of my childhood. I've experienced molestation, rape and sexual abuse many times. I believe the only way the issue of sexual victimization can be curbed is through forgiveness of offenders by victims and by sex offenders being accountable and having a voice.

I want to help sex offenders because in doing so, perhaps less children will deal with the experiences I have dealt with. There are tons of resources for victims and very few for offenders.

I hope to hear back from you regarding what is currently available so that it can be built upon.


No comments :