Sunday, March 17, 2013

NJ - I am currently in a relationship with a registered sex offender

The following was sent to us via the contact form and posted with the users permission. The name has been abbreviated for their own protection.

By SS:
I am currently in a relationship with a registered sex offender, he is a Tier 1 Offender (Lowest Tier).

I am worried/concerned my future career as an Algebra teacher will be affected by being with him.

His crime happened when he was 12 years old, he has 3 more years until he can request expungement.

However I ran his name on the Sex Offender NJ search engine and he did not come up, so why does he have to register if he is not on said Offender List? Is it because he was a juvenile? Will this affect my career/future from background checks when I try to apply at schools for jobs?



Dear SS:

He may be on the registry that is only available to police. In many states juveniles or Tier I offenders are not on a public registry but must still register with the police. Did you contact the local sheriff and ask them these questions? If not, you should.



No comments :