Sunday, March 17, 2013

CO - Research to help those in your community

The following was sent to us via the contact form and posted with the users permission.

By Alyssa Dawson:
Hello.

My name is Alyssa Dawson, and I am a graduate student as Colorado State University. My ex-partner is a registered sex offender, and I have a child with him. The consequences of this relationship have led me to be interested in studying women in a similar situation for my master’s thesis. I am especially interested in understanding how women who are still in relationships with those who have been convicted as sex offenders, as well as those women no longer in those relationships, cope with this dynamic in their lives.

For my project, I would like to interview women about their experiences. Specifically, I am looking for women who have children with RSOs. I am also including women who have children from previous relationships but are in a relationship with an RSO.

The interview will last about 1-1 ½ hours, and we will meet you at a place of your choosing. If you are not in Colorado, you can participate in an interview by phone. You will not receive anything for participating in this study, but we hope that the findings will help other women who find themselves in similar situations.

If you would like to hear more about this study and are interested in possibly participating, then I would be happy to provide you more details about the research project and to discuss the possible risks and benefits. Please contact me at adawson@rams.colostate.edu

Thank you for your consideration.

Alyssa Dawson

Masters Student

Department of Sociology

Colorado State University


No comments :