Monday, January 14, 2013

PETITION - Abolish the Public Sex Offender Registry. It is harmful to families and children

Sign the petition here

Not everyone who is on the Public Sex Offender Registry has molested a child or raped someone.

People deserve a second chance. Being on the registry gives NO SECOND CHANCE.

The National Public Sex Offender Registry, Sex Offender Registration Notification Act, (SORNA) and the Adam Walsh Act are counterproductive to the safety of families and children in society.

The Public Sex Offender Registry so stigmatizes all who are placed upon it that they cannot: Secure Employment, Secure Housing, nor Protect their innocent children from being traumatized by the stigma.

It has also create vigilantism toward the individual, their family members, and their children on the registry. It does not protect anyone and the recidivism rate is is less than 5%.



5 comments :

nathan rabalais said...

I've signed it

Unforgiven said...

I also signed it. Because Its time to stop separating family's and spreading hate and injustice!

Ron said...

I was convicted of Indecent Exposure in 1986. Victim was an adult female. I was drunk. I did 4 months county time and finished my probation. I was not required to register. I moved to Florida in 2006 and had a knock at my door and was notified that I had not registered when I moved here. I explained that it was not court ordered in 1986. I was told it is a new law now and that I had to register as a sex offender. My ability to hold down a decent paying job "ZERO" have to be careful were I live. 2000 feet from this and that. Have to worry about my semi ok job finding out of my past via internet. I even got kicked off of a dating site because I was a registered sex offender. My quality of life is awful. I feel succocated and have no where to turn. It cost $1000.00s of dollars to even get an attorney to look at my case. I was even told by one of the "Female" deputies that this was rediculous and a waste of tax payers dollars.

Ron said...

I was convicted of Indecent Exposure in 1986. Victim was an adult female. I was drunk. I did 4 months county time and finished my probation. I was not required to register. I moved to Florida in 2006 and had a knock at my door and was notified that I had not registered when I moved here. I explained that it was not court ordered in 1986. I was told it is a new law now and that I had to register as a sex offender. My ability to hold down a decent paying job "ZERO" have to be careful were I live. 2000 feet from this and that. Have to worry about my semi ok job finding out of my past via internet. I even got kicked off of a dating site because I was a registered sex offender. My quality of life is awful. I feel succocated and have no where to turn. It cost $1000.00s of dollars to even get an attorney to look at my case. I was even told by one of the "Female" deputies that this was rediculous and a waste of tax payers dollars.

Brock said...

lets start another one.. post it to all sex registration discussions, websites, and create a group on facebook.. get our friends and families to sign it. It's time to stand up for our rights!