Tuesday, December 11, 2012

MA - One man commits a serious crime and House Speaker Robert A. DeLeo wants to punish everybody?

Robert A. DeLeo
Original Article

One man commits a crime and Mr. Deleo wants to punish everybody for it?

12/10/2012

By Chris Cassidy

House Speaker Robert A. DeLeo says he will re-evaluate a stalled Beacon Hill bill that would make the names of even low-level sex offenders public, signing the Bay State on to a national online sex-offender database, after horrifying child sex abuse charges against a Wakefield man last week.

In the coming days, Speaker DeLeo will meet with law enforcement from the affected communities and give serious consideration to the bill in question as well as other options to address these types of sickening crimes,” DeLeo spokesman Seth Gitell told the Herald.

DeLeo was “shocked and saddened” by prosecutors’ claims that [name withheld] videotaped himself raping more than a dozen infants and toddlers, Gitell said.

A bill filed by Gov. Deval Patrick last year would sign Massachusetts on to the federal Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act, named for the 6-year-old son of “America’s Most Wanted” host John Walsh who was abducted and murdered in 1981. The bill languished in the Legislature last year.
- And it was never proven that Adam was sexually abused by a known or unknown sex offender, but the Adam Walsh Act, which was suppose to protect all children, only punishes offenders whose crime involve sex, not child abuse, neglect, etc.  And the person they claim who killed Adam, Ottis Toole, was a serial killer and chronic liar (Video).

The proposed law would allow the public to access information about Level 1 sex offenders from their local police departments. [name withheld] was a Level 1 sex offender whose information was kept private, though he was previously jailed in 1989 for indecent assault and battery on a child.

[name withheld]’s wife, [wife name withheld], operated the Waterfall Education Center, where [name withheld] looked after kids. [wife name withheld] faces charges of recklessly endangering children and running an illegal day care.

In the [name withheld] case, prosecutors say the 13 alleged victims ranged in age from 8 days to 3 1⁄2 years.

The Herald reported last week that [name withheld] might have been bumped up to a higher classification if prosecutors had alerted the Sex Offender Registry Board to previous sex-abuse allegations in 2005 and 2009, but Middlesex District Attorney Gerard T. Leone never notified the board. Leone has since said the case illustrates the need to review information sharing and public notifications about sex-offender classification.



No comments :