JACKSONVILLE - A Northside church added extra security guards Sunday morning and JSO cruisers patrolled nearby while protesters yelled and chanted at anyone who walked by.
Men and women calling themselves the "New Black Panther Party" protested outside of [name withheld]'s church, Christ Tabernacle Baptist Church Sunday. The group says they're upset because [name withheld] is a registered sex offender and has been allowed to preach at the church on North David Street.
"The black ministers in the city of Jacksonville ought to be ashamed of themselves. How can you say you're a follower of Christ but you won't stand up and speak out against this injustice?" Panther member Mikhail Muhammad said.
- They are nothing more than a racist hate group. The black KKK. The Church is suppose to be a place for everyone, not just members or people you like! They also have claimed to be "followers of Christ", yet they are harassing a person trying to better himself? They are the hypocrites!
[name withheld] pleaded guilty in 2009 to lewd molestation and lewd conduct with two teenage girls who were in his congregation at Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church. He served more than 2 years in prison. Because he is a sex offender, the church has had to bar children from attending Sunday service.
- Why? If he is up on the stage preaching, and everyone else is in the crowd listening, what is the problem? Why ban kids? Is he going to become invisible and secretly molest some kid? Come on!
"We came because the children who we should be teaching and preaching cannot come out today. So [name withheld] should do that moral thing. He should step down," Muhammad said.
- You should do the moral thing, and let the man be. You ever heard of forgiveness? Of course not!
"As a mother, and as a victim as well, I have to stand up for the children. We have to be their voice," Panther Party member Marilyn Burroughs said.
- Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, PetraLunatic!
[name withheld] didn't come out to speak and couldn't be seen entering or leaving the church, but he has many supporters.
- I for one am a supporter! I wish him the best of luck.
Johnny Harris began coming to Christ Tabernacle just to see his former pastor at work.
"I miss his preaching. He's a good teacher," Harris said.
"There's a better way to do that, then to come in front of the house of God on a Sunday morning with that kind of stuff," Pastor James Brandt of Zarephath Tabernacle Baptist Church (YouTube) said.
The New Black Panther Party says they will protest every Sunday until [name withheld] stands down from his post.
Most, if not all of these folks, have never seen slavery!
These are just a bunch of backwood rednecks!
And the vigilante group "No Peace For Predators," is spewing more hypocrisy on their Facebook page, and are apparently supporting these racists?
|Yeah, shame on you David, who also calls himself a "Christian!"|