Sunday, November 18, 2007

WI - Teen admits falsely accusing man of abducting her for 2 weeks

View the article here

11/17/2007

OSHKOSH - A Sheboygan man accused of abducting a 17-year-old girl was cleared of charges after the teen admitted that she lied about her two-week disappearance.

Angelina Lor of Oshkosh initially told investigators that Pheuk Kue, 37, took her to Green Bay against her will in September and held her there until she managed to escape about two weeks later.

But in an e-mail last week to Kue's defense attorney, Lor admitted fabricating the story because she was afraid of how her parents would react to her spending time with an older man.

"When you were questioning me, you knew exactly how everything happened," Lor wrote to Kue's lawyer, Dawn Shaha. "I did just run away with an older man and blamed him because I didn't want to get in trouble with my parents."

Shaha said she received the e-mail Wednesday.

The next day, Winnebago County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schmidt dismissed a charge of false imprisonment against Kue after the new information was submitted.

Kue, a previously convicted sex offender, had been in jail on a $5,000 cash bond since charges were filed on Sept. 21. He would have faced a maximum penalty of six years in prison if convicted of the felony count.

Lor had met Kue when she was living in Sheboygan earlier this year. She originally claimed that Kue showed up at her workplace Sept. 3 and wanted to talk, but when she got in his car during a lunch break, he drove away and wouldn't let her out, according to the criminal complaint.

When she returned home Sept. 16, she told police Kue threatened to kill her if she left him, the complaint said.

The teen said she eventually confessed because she couldn't keep lying.

"I'm not coming out with the truth now because someone pressured me to do it. I am because I know I have to be a bigger and better person and be real," she wrote. "I cannot lie anymore. Although I know I did, I will accept any punishment I receive because I know what I did was wrong."


Do you know my King?


FL - Ex-ICE Agent Charged in Detainee’s Rape

View the article here

11/17/2007

MIAMI - A former immigration agent has been charged with raping a woman he was transferring between detention centers, according to a federal criminal complaint, and authorities are investigating whether she was the only one.

Wilfredo Vazquez, 35, was fired from his position as a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent shortly after the complaint was lodged against him, according to an ICE statement. He was arrested Friday in Tampa and is scheduled to make his first appearance in federal court Monday.

He is accused of sexually assaulting a 39-year-old Jamaican woman on Sept. 21 at his Tamarac home while he was taking her from a Miami-Dade County detention center to one in Broward County, according to the complaint.

Federal authorities said they are investigating Vazquez’s involvement in other detainee transfers to see whether other women were attacked, the Miami Herald reported.

Vazquez worked for the agency for less than a year in the Office of Detention and Removal. He remained in the Hillsborough County jail Saturday with no bail set. According to jail records, he did not have an attorney.