- Do you think this is right?
- Do you think this will help prevent another crime?
- Do you think it's cruel and unusual punishment?
- Who will monitor them after probation and/or parole?
- Do you realize this cost millions and you and I will pay for this? For life!
Sunday, December 10, 2006
What do you think about how the media reports on sex offender issues?
Do they blow stuff out of proportion, for ratings?
Do they quote bogus statistics?
Where do they get their statistics from?
Do you think they are one-sided?
What do you think about people like Nancy Grace and Oprah?
How come they do not attempt to provide solutions (i.e. Therapy)?
Do you think the media demonizes sex offenders?
I know there is some violent predators out there who kidnap, rape, torture and kill children, but the majority of sex offenders are not these types of predators. Predators are from about 1% to 5% of the overall number of sex offenders. So why the hysteria?
Many sex offenders are young children, people mooning someone, people streaking, people urinating in public (like off the highway when on vacation).
In my opinion, anybody who kills anyone, should be in prison for the rest of their lives without the possibility of parole. A life sentence should be life, not 20 or so years.